Why do you need static caravan insurance?
By law, you don’t really need insurance in the UK but If you want peace of mind, we’d most certainly recommend that you choose a static caravan insurance policy that fits.
What’s the difference between an independent insurance agent and an insurance broker?
Independent agents will be working with one insurance company whilst an insurance broker will have partnerships with multiple insurance companies giving their customers a wider range of policies to choose from. A key point to make here is that independents will be working in the insurance providers’ best interest and not necessarily yours.
A broker works for its customers and ultimately wants to make you happy. That being said, many intermediaries provide great levels of cover and exceptional customer service but we’d recommend you do your research before you sign on the dotted line to make sure you have everything you need.
How to get discounted insurance quotes
By joining certain communities and clubs relating to the caravan world you could be entitled to many types of discounts including your static caravan insurance so before you look for a suitable policy you should check these out to see what you’d be entitled to as a member: The Caravan & Motorhome Club The Camping and Caravanning Club
Choosing the Best Static Caravan Insurance In The UK
Unless you are very loyal to your insurance company, your home insurance is probably different than your car insurance. In the case of static caravans, touring caravans, campervans and motorhome insurances, the same happens. Sometimes one company doesn’t fill all your needs, so it’s time to compare caravan insurance companies.
Leisuredays Static Caravan Insurance
Leisuredays have been donned with the 5-Star Defaqto rating for 2020 and pride themselves on having a 95% recommendation rate on Review Centre and that 97% of their customers agree they receive a high level of customer service.
- £10,000 for emergency repairs, debris removal and re-siting
- £100,000 legal expenses option
- £5 million public liability cover
- Emergency accommodation costs
- £25,000 fatal accident benefit
- Hiring out and loss of earnings options (£250 excess)
Shield Total Caravan Insurance
has gained a 4.6 out of 5 customer experience Feefo rating and their policies start from £82 per year. They help to provide you with only what you need with optional extras to boost your cover. Policy highlights:
- New for old cover available for up to 20 years
- Covers against theft, impact or damage by a third party
- Covers for ancillary domestic outbuilding
- Up to £10,000 to cover debris removal, re-siting and reconnection
- Loss or damage caused by flooding, falling trees, fire and storms
- Loss or damage caused by subsidence
- A contribution to the costs of alternative accommodation
- Cover for accidental damage available
- Up to £5 million public liability cover
Club Care Insurance
Their flexible policy starts from £82 per year and offers a 5% discount if you’re a member of The Camping and Caravanning Club.
- Personal possessions cover for £2,500
- Cover for debris removal and re-siting costs
- Market value cover available
- New for old cover available up to 20 years
- £350 refrigerated and frozen food cover
- Up to £5million public liability cover
- Up to £50,000 personal accident cover
- £500 cover for pedal cycles and wheelchair
- Covers all household members
- 5% discount for members of The Camping and Caravanning Club
NACO (National Association of Caravan Owners) static caravan insurance
Only available to NACO members but you get several benefits by joining up.
- Protection against fire, theft and storm damage
- £15,000 debris removal and re-siting & delivery costs.
- £5 million public liability insurance
- £1,000 locks and keys cover
- £1,000 freezer food cover
- Accidental damage cover as standard
- Protection against loss of rent & accommodation costs
- Underwritten by Lloyd's of London
Four Star static caravan insurance providers
Whichever policy you choose we’re confident that there are enough good-quality insurance companies out there to help you tailor it to your needs without paying for things you don’t want.
Highly knowledgeable in all things caravan and they’ll provide you with on-going advice if you need it.
- They’ll cover caravans valued up to £150,000
- £5 million public liability insurance
- New for old cover for caravans up to and including 20 years of age
- Accidental damage, fire, theft, vandalism, storm and flood cover
- Friends and family use included
- Loss of use and hire charges to cover up to £10,000 including the cost for alternative accommodation
- Cover for contents of outbuildings
- The caravan can be used for hire and reward
- Debris removal, delivery and re-siting
- Cover for decking, skirting, steps and balconies
- 4.7 out of 5 customer experience Feefo rating (710 reviews)
Discount Insurance cover is great for those looking for deals, but it is also highly competitive and easy to deal with.
- Loss or damage cover includes risks such as fire, flood, storm, theft, explosion, impact and escape of water/oil
- Accidental damage cover – cover for unexpected damage to the caravan
- Alternative accommodation – cover if your caravan becomes damaged or stolen
- Public Liability – up to £5 million cover
- Loss of keys – replacement of locks and keys up to £500
- Optional contents and outdoor furniture cover is also available
- Instant online delivery of documents
- In-house claims team to help you through every step of your claim
- ‘Excellent’ 5 star Trust Pilot review rating
provides a lot of advice for caravan owners on their website including information on what you should be covered for. They currently have a 4-star rating on Defaqto and a Feefo Customer experience rating from 692 reviews of 4.6 so they should be on your list of possibilities. Policy highlights:
- New for old on 20 years old or less
- £0 excess on most claims – unless subsidence
- If you hire out your caravan you can be covered too
- Offer a 10% discount if you install UPVC locks or use Ramtech or StarTech alarm systems
- Recommend a friend offers
It has a wide range of static caravan policies starting from £86 per year, Coast is a vastly recognised insurance authority and they’ve just been nominated in the 2017 Insurance Choice Awards.
- Fire, flood and storm cover
- Malicious and impact damage covered
- Legal expenses including disputes between site owners and residents
- Alternative accommodation
- Recommend a friend offers
Whichever policy you choose we’re confident that there are enough insurance companies out there to help you tailor it to your needs without paying for things you don’t want.
How can Camplify help you with your insurance?
We are the UK's fastest-growing peer-to-peer caravan hire and RV sharing community. Our system is similar to Airbnb but we specialize on caravans, campervans, motorhomes, trailer tents and lodges. We connect RV owners with holidaymakers in a safe and secure sharing environment.
And above all, it's free to list and we take care of insurance and breakdown cover while your RV is out on hire.
To find out how Camplify can work with you and your RV,
register today here.